As we progress through life, an unlucky portion of us will find that those extra few pounds we have put on are becoming increasingly more stubborn and difficult to lose. Despite cutting back on the calories and enduring monotonous hours on the treadmill, the outcome is nothing more than a dissatisfied glare in the mirror blended in with an emotional wave of frustration. However, it is not all doom and gloom! Science has once again come to our aid in the battle against fat loss, with the introduction of coolsculpting.
Coolsculpting fat removal is an efficient non-surgical procedure that essentially targets the stubborn fat cells that live in our bodies. It differs from liposuction since coolsculpting is a non-surgical procedure. The crucial factor behind coolsculpting is that it is able to target the fat cells safely under the skin through precise cooling. This ultimately crystalizes (freezes) and then kills the fat cells. Eventually, your body will naturally process the fat and eradicate these dead cells.
What Results Can I Expect?
Opting to go for coolsculpting treatment can help guarantee long-term results, with dramatic differences in your body helping you feel more confident and self-assured about your appearance. As you can see below, this patient enjoyed a finished look after 9 weeks.
Generally speaking, you can expect to see results to appear after 3 weeks, however, don’t expect to see any drastic changes until around 3 months from beginning the procedure.
With regards to safety, the U.S Food and Drug Administration has declared coolsculpting a safe medical practice. Since coolsculpting is non-surgical, it requires no recovery time, allowing you to return to normal activities after treatment. However, it is important to underline that this medal procedure is not for everybody. Individuals suffering from the following conditions are at risk of causing serious harm to their health:
• Cold agglutinin disease
For more information about the potential risks and side effects, click here.
What is The Procedure?
1. Areas, where coolsculpting should take place, will be marked.
2. You will lie on a treatment table, where a special gel pad will be placed on the areas to be treated – the gel pad is used to protect the surface of the skin
3. A suction apparatus that is connected to the coolsculpting machine will be placed on the marked areas.
4. Your nurse will switch on the coolsculpting machine and all you have to do is relax for about an hour while the apparatus freezes and crystalizes the fat. Note: this isn’t a painful process although for the first five minutes you may feel some discomfort.
5. Finally, once the apparatus has been removed you will discover that the targeted area has been frozen! Your nurse will then massage the fat for approximately two minutes to help initiate your body’s removal of the fat cells.